Bench Press - With Bands
- Using a flat bench secure a band under the leg of the bench that is nearest to your head.
- Once the band is secure, grab it by both handles and lie down on the bench.
- Extend your arms so that you are holding the band handles in front of you at shoulder width.
- Once at shoulder width, rotate your wrists forward so that the palms of your hands are facing away from you. This will be your starting position.
- Bring down the handles slowly until your elbow forms a 90 degree angle. Keep full control at all times.
- As you breathe out, bring the handles up using your pectoral muscles. Lock your arms in the contracted position, squeeze your chest, hold for a second and then start coming down slowly. Tip: It should take at least twice as long to go down than to come up.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions of your training program.
Variations: You can also use a pulley machine, dumbbells or a barbell for this exercise.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com