Cable Internal Rotation
- Sit next to a low pulley sideways (with legs stretched in front of you or crossed) and grasp the single hand cable attachment with the arm nearest to the cable. Tip: If you can adjust the pulleyâ€™s height, you can use a flat bench to sit on instead.
- Position the elbow against your side with the elbow bent at 90Â° and the arm pointing towards the pulley. This will be your starting position.
- Pull the single hand cable attachment toward your body by internally rotating your shoulder until your forearm is across your abs. You will be creating an imaginary semi-circle. Tip: The forearm should be perpendicular to your torso at all times.
- Slowly go back to the initial position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then repeat the movement with the next arm.
Caution: Do not use heavy weights for this exercise as if you use too much you risk rotator cuff injury.
Variations: You can use dumbbells for this movement as well as exercise bands.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com