Front Squat (Bodybuilder)
- Set the bar in a rack slightly below shoulder level so that when under it, your knees are slightly bent. Rest the bar on top of the deltoids, pushing into the clavicles, and lightly touching the throat.
- Once the correct height is chosen and the bar is loaded, bring your arms up under the bar while keeping the elbows high and the upper arm parallel to the floor. Rest the bar on top of the deltoids and cross your arms while grasping the bar for total control.
- Push upward into the bar and push your hips forward to unrack. Step away from the rack and position your legs using a shoulder-width medium stance with the toes slightly pointed out. Keep your head and elbows up at all times. Keep a neutral neck and flat back. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into a squat by pushing your hips and butt backwards. Continue down until the upper legs are at or just below parallel to the floor. Inhale as you perform this portion of the movement.
- Drive up through your heels, pushing your feet and knees out. Continue upward, maintaining tightness head to toe, until you have returned to the starting position. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com