Incline Barbell Triceps Extension
- Hold a barbell with an overhand grip (palms down) that is a little closer together than shoulder width.
- Lie back on an incline bench set at any angle between 45-75-degrees.
- Bring the bar overhead with your arms extended and elbows in. The arms should be in line with the torso above the head. This will be your starting position.
- Now lower the bar in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps. Inhale as you perform this movement. Tip: Keep your upper arms stationary and close to your head at all times. Only the forearms should move.
- Return to the starting position as you breathe out and you contract the triceps. Hold the contraction for a second.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: Can also be done with an e-z bar, with two dumbbells (using a pronated or supinated grip), seated or standing or with two dumbbells and your palms facing in.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com