- While standing up straight with both feet next to each other at around shoulder width, grab a sturdy surface such as the sides of a squat rack or the top of a chair to brace yourself and keep balance.
- With or without an ankle weight, lift one leg behind you as if performing a leg curl but standing up while keeping the other leg straight. Breathe out as you perform this movement.
- Slowly bring the raised leg back to the floor as you breathe in.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
Variations: You can perform the same movement with a low pulley attached to your ankle using an ankle attachment. Optionally, you can use exercise cables as well.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com