Low Cable Triceps Extension
- Select the desired weight and lay down face up on the bench of a seated row machine that has a rope attached to it. Your head should be pointing towards the attachment.
- Grab the outside of the rope ends with your palms facing each other (neutral grip).
- Position your elbows so that they are bent at a 90 degree angle and your upper arms are perpendicular (90 degree angle) to your torso. Tip: Keep the elbows in and make sure that the upper arms point to the ceiling while your forearms point towards the pulley above your head. This will be your starting position.
- As you breathe out, extend your lower arms until they are straight and vertical. The upper arms and elbows remain stationary throughout the movement. Only the forearms should move. Contract the triceps hard for a second.
- As you breathe in slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can perform the same movement using a flat bench and exercise bands or a low pulley that is set at the same level as your head is.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com