Lying Supine Dumbbell Curl
- Lie down on a flat bench face up while holding a dumbbell in each arm on top of your thighs.
- Bring the dumbbells to the sides with the arms extended and the palms of the hands facing your thighs (neutral grip).
- While keeping the arms close to your torso and elbows in, slowly lower your arms (as you keep them extended with a slight bend at the elbows) as far down towards the floor as you can go. Once you cannot go down any further, lock your upper arms in that position and that will be your starting position.
- As you breathe out, slowly begin to curl the weights up as you simultaneously rotate your wrists so that the palms of the hands face up. Continue curling the weight until your biceps are fully contracted and squeeze hard at the top position for a second. Tip: Only the forearms should move. Upper arms should remain stationary and elbows should stay in throughout the movement.
- Return back to the starting position very slowly.
Caution: It is very important to use a weight that you can control throughout the movement and also to start with a slight bend in your elbows. It is very easy to injure the biceps tendon if improper form and or too much weight is used.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com