One-Arm Side Deadlift
- Stand to the side of a barbell next to its center. Bend your knees and lower your body until you are able to reach the barbell.
- Grasp the bar as if you were grabbing a briefcase (palms facing you since the bar is sideways). You may need a wrist wrap if you are using a significant amount of weight. This is your starting position.
- Use your legs to help lift the barbell up while exhaling. Your arms should extend fully as bring the barbell up until you are in a standing position.
- Slowly bring the barbell back down while inhaling. Tip: Make sure to bend your knees while lowering the weight to avoid any injury from occurring.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the movement.
Caution: This is not an exercise that is recommended for people with lower back problems. Also, jerking motions or doing too much weight can injure your back.
Variations: The exercise can also be performed with a dumbbell as described above.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com