Preacher Hammer Dumbbell Curl
- Place the upper part of both arms on top of the preacher bench as you hold a dumbbell in each hand with the palms facing each other (neutral grip).
- As you breathe in, slowly lower the dumbbells until your upper arm is extended and the biceps is fully stretched.
- As you exhale, use the biceps to curl the weight up until your biceps is fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder height.
- Squeeze the biceps hard for a second at the contracted position and repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- This exercise can be performed using one arm at a time to better isolate your biceps or in alternating fashion.
- You can perform this exercise also using a low pulley instead of a dumbbell. In this case you will need to position the bench in front of the pulley.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com