- Begin in a standing position. Look directly forward, keeping your chest up, with your feet hip-width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the movement by taking a step to the rear, allowing your hips and knees to flex to lower your body. Contacting the back leg through only the ball of the foot, descend until your knee nearly touches the ground The knee should stay in line with the foot, and your spine should remain neutral.
- After a brief pause, stand back up by driving through the heel of the front leg to extend the knees and hips.
- At the top, continue to bring your back leg through, flexing at the knee and hip to bring your knee as high as you can.
- Reverse the motion to return to the starting position before starting the next repetition.
- Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other leg.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com