Squat with Plate Movers
- To begin, first set the bar on a rack to just below shoulder level. Position a weight plate on the ground a couple feet back from the rack. Once the bar is loaded, step under it and place the back of your shoulders across it.
- Hold on to the bar with both hands and lift it off the rack by first pushing with your legs and at the same time straighten your torso.
- Step away from the rack and adopt a wide stance with the toes slightly pointed out, with one foot on the weight plate. Keep your head up at all times. This will be your starting position.
- Begin to slowly lower the bar by bending the knees and hips. Continue down until the angle between the upper leg and the calves becomes slightly less than 90-degrees.
- Raise the bar as you exhale by pushing the floor with the heels of your feet as you extend the hips and knees.
- At the top of the movement, side step, bringing your feet together on the opposite side of the plate.
- Using your inside foot, push the weight plate, sliding it across the floor to where you were just standing.
- Place your inside foot on the weight plate, adopting a wide stance for the next repetition.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com