Standing Bent-Over One-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension
- With a dumbbell in one hand and the palm facing your torso, bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward, by bending at the waist, while keeping the back straight until it is almost parallel to the floor. Make sure that you keep the head up.
- The upper arm should be close to the torso and parallel to the floor while the forearm is pointing towards the floor as the hand holds the weight. Tip: There should be a 90-degree angle between the forearm and the upper arm. This is your starting position.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, use the triceps to lift the weights as you exhale until the forearms are parallel to the floor and the whole arm is extended. Like many other arm exercises, only the forearm moves.
- After a second contraction at the top, slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the exercise.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com