Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head
- To begin, stand straight with a barbell in your hands. You should grip the bar with palms facing down and a closer than shoulder width grip apart from each other.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other. Your elbows should be slightly bent. This is the starting position.
- Lift the barbell up until it is directly over your head while exhaling. Make sure to keep your elbows slightly bent when performing each repetition.
- Once you feel the contraction, begin to lower the barbell back down to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: This exercise can also be performed with dumbbells in each hand or by using a close or wide grip with the barbell. By alternating the widths of your grip, you will be able to contract different parts of the shoulders for an overall better physique.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com