Standing Overhead Barbell Triceps Extension
- To begin, stand up holding a barbell or e-z bar using a pronated grip (palms facing forward) with your hands closer than shoulder width apart from each other. Your feet should be about shoulder width apart.
- Now elevate the barbell above your head until your arms are fully extended. Keep your elbows in. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your upper arms close to your head and elbows in, perpendicular to the floor, lower the resistance in a semicircular motion behind your head until your forearms touch your biceps. Tip: The upper arms should remain stationary and only the forearms should move. Breathe in as you perform this step.
- Go back to the starting position by using the triceps to raise the barbell. Breathe out as you perform this step.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: Another way to perform this exercise is to use dumbbells or a triceps blaster bar. You can also use cables with a bar or rope attachment.
Database Sourced From Bodybuilding.com